Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mixtape #1: "For the Ladies"

So I realize that I'm running dangerously close to losing my "man card" with this first post, but I have no shame in admitting that I totally dig on jamming out to female vocalists while I work. There's just something about a light, velvety voice that helps melt the stress away when I find myself designing in circles. I think I've put together a vast playlist of girls who rock, girls who roll, girls who move you, and girls who soothe you.


Track Listing:
01:  Charlotte Gainsbourg  -  Terrible Angels
02:  The Joy Formidable  -  A Heavy Abacus
03:  Now, Now  -   Thread
04:  School of Seven Bells  - Joviann
05:  Phantogram  -  When I'm Small
06:  The Raveonettes  -  Blitzed
07:  Dum Dum Girls  -  Coming Down
08:  St. Vincent  -  Black Rainbow
09:  The Like  -  Catch Me If You Can
10:  Metric  -  Satellite Mind (Acoustic)
11:  Sharon Van Etten  - A Crime
12:  Cults  -  You Know What I Mean
13:  Norah Jones w/ Danger Mouse  - Season's Trees
14:  The Dead Weather  -  Hustle and Cuss
15:  The Hard Nips  -  Picture

Until next time.
Scott Wohlfeill

No comments:

Post a Comment